President Trump on Friday announced that DOJ official Ed Martin will be leaving the Administration to go outside and fight legal battles in this year’s midterm elections.
Ed Martin served as the US Pardon Attorney and Director of Weaponization Working Group for President Trump’s Justice Department.
Full statement from President Trump:
Ed Martin has been with me from the very beginning, and done an incredible job as an Attorney, Director of the Weaponization Working Group, and the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.
Ed is now leaving to go outside to fight Legal Battles for the upcoming Midterm Election, and the Presidential Election of 2028. I know he will do an outstanding job, ensure Free, Fair, and Honest Elections, and strongly advance our Constitutional Rights. Good luck Ed! President DONALD J. TRUMP
“Edward R. Martin Jr. was appointed the U.S. Pardon Attorney on May 14, 2025. He was also named by President Donald J. Trump to serve as the Director of the Weaponization Working Group for the Department of Justice. He previously served as the Acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia where he led the office responsible for prosecuting local and federal cases in the nation’s capital,” the DOJ said.
“Martin, a New Jersey native, is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross, where he completed an Indonesian Studies program while studying abroad in Indonesia, the Pontifical Gregorian University, where he interned on the personal senior staff of Pope John Paul, II and Saint Louis University, where he received his J.D.,” the DOJ said.
Ad block users: Some site features may not work correctly while an ad blocker is enabled, because they break scripts and content this website depends on. If you can’t see comments below, for example, please disable your ad blocker.
