MicroStrategy’s Saylor Lays Out Ways Firm Could Generate Yield From Its Massive Bitcoin Holdings
By Michael Bellusci
The CEO discussed several ways the software company could produce income from the 122,478 bitcoin on its balance sheet.
– MicroStrategy, which makes business analytics software but whose market cap largely reflects its bitcoin holdings, owned 122,478 bitcoin as of Dec. 10, according to the company’s presentation. Those bitcoin were purchased since the third quarter of last year for roughly $3.7 billion in total, and are now worth roughly $5.8 billion.
– To generate income from its bitcoin, MicroStrategy could lend some portion of it to a “trustworthy counterparty,” CEO Michael Saylor said.
– The company could also put its bitcoin into some form of partnership with a big tech company or bank. “You could think of that as putting a lien on it,” Saylor explained.
– MicroStrategy might also look to put a mortgage against its bitcoin, generating long-term debt under “favorable circumstances.”
– Finally, MicroStrategy could develop “some kind of interesting application” for its bitcoin, said the CEO.
– Saylor noted in his presentation that no formal steps had been taken on any of these potential initiatives.
New Global Currencies
New Resistance Global Currencies that support Independent Media and are against the “Great Reset” –
Our World Coin, a force for good and a peaceful revolution, is built to save humanity from the Globalists deadly Great Reset Totalitarian Agenda.
Bitcoin 2.0 is a new cryptocurrency that is looking to innovate the Global Payment System. It is backed by real value in independent media news sites & networks.
Truth Coin, a platform that’s free from Globalists’ control, and will not support the Great Reset Agenda or the vaccine digital passport. This enables everyone to support and benefit from building a better world, by the people for the people, a force for good.